Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Workshop

I really like the workshop process for this class. I feel as though everyone's advice has been incredibly beneficial to me as a writer, and hearing my poem discussed and commented on from multiple viewpoints was far more valuable to me than some red marks on a paper. Also, knowing that my work is going to be read and examined by other people whose own work I admire forces me to really put effort into my writing. As a result, I feel as if that first draft poem was the best piece of work I have ever written and I am looking forward to revising it and, possibly more so, to writing my next piece to be workshopped. The one downside of these workshops is that I cannot be in both groups. Having read the poems from all of my classmates, I only wish that could discuss each one rather than only half of them. I am so frequently amazed by the skill evident in my peers' work; it is so interesting to see their different writing styles and I am excited to watch as all of our skills develope over the course of the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment