Monday, September 7, 2009

What it is...and more!

I agree that poetry is all of those things as well. When i was little, I used to write poems when I couldn't sleep. I remember one night lying awake in my friends’ room and wrote four poems on the lights on her ceiling. Ever since then, no matter if it was meaningful or not, poems have been my way of talking, even when I couldn't. I think it helped me express who I was and what I was feeling. One of my favorite things to do is read my poems from years ago. It is funny how my feelings come back and I sometimes remember that specific moment, and I feel like poetry has that power, no matter if it was a story or just three sentences about a light. I honestly miss poetry just as an outlet, that’s why I am so excited about taking this class.

 

During this class so far, I have enjoyed the discussions and small debates on the poems we have read. I am getting more into this class than any of my other classes, even though I do get frustrated because I know I am not that great at poetry even though I have been writing for a while. I am excited to see how far I can push myself this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment