Tuesday, September 22, 2009

concepts

I have recently become interested in the high stakes aspect of the poems as well. I love the fact that high tension and high stakes creates such an interesting plot and climax. I find it hard to capture that moment though. It is difficult to place yourself in that moment and only focus on one aspect of what has really happened at that exact time. I am starting to really love the challenge because it is making me focus and really try to understand what point I am trying to get across.

A way I have realized that is helpful to create that one moment in time is by the use of tension, which is also challenging to achieve in a great way. I am still working on it and perfecting it but it is such a good technique. I try to use rhyming, but sometimes that seems too elementary and too simple. Non rhyming sometimes works better because then there is only the moment you have to focus on, not if the poem is rhyming or not. If you can master the technique of rhyming, props, because I cannot seem to do it. Creating tension in that one moment of time, in my opinion, is one of the hardest but most powerful way to capture a reader. I am excited to keep trying and keep pushing myself to make the best out of how we discuss tension and ways to create plot in class. 

(sorry this is posted late, I guess it didn't go through when I tried to post it last night:/)

No comments:

Post a Comment