Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I also wanted to reflect on the workshops that went on last week.  It just so happened that it has also been workshop week in my fiction writing class so I got to experience two different kinds of workshops.  Firstly, in some of my non-fiction classes that I have taken we have read our pieces out loud and discussed our workshops with everyone in the class.  In my fiction class we broke up into groups of three and met the three of us and our teacher for an hour and a half block to discuss each of our work.  And here, we broke up into two groups obviously.  
I didn't find myself gravitating towards any one particular workshop, but liked each one for different reasons.  I really like discussing as a class because as Brent said you get to hear what everyone thinks not just a select few.  I also liked what we did in my fiction class because it felt like there was a lot of one on one attention with the teacher and your peers.  And I also really liked the way we did it in class because there was more ideas than say three people but it was small enough to focus closely on each person.  
What is most interesting to me in these workshops is hearing the different styles of writing that each of us has.  I also like learning about events that happened or things that are important to us.  Workshopping is always my favorite time in a writing class because it not only gives you the chance to share what you have been working on but you get to dive into the minds of the people around you.  My peers opinion is valuable to me and I hope mine is to them.  I think I  took a lot from the comments people had about my piece and as always it is nice to hear what your professor has to say about your work.  I always feel motivated after these workshops to go and write, now having this new perspective on my writing.  Can't wait for the next one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment