Sunday, September 13, 2009

looking forward to the workshop I suppose...

I don't know about anyone else but I'm really excited for the workshopping on Tuesday! So far I've really been interested in reading the work of my peers. It is SO interesting to me that given the same assignment we all could come up with such a variety of outcomes. I'm looking forward to also seeing the variety of responses that everyone will have to each others' work come Tuesday. I have such a fresh appreciation for everyone's creativity that I'm almost overwhelmed. I love how everyone sees poetry in different things and I hope that as I continue to write, and really as I continue to read the work of others, I learn to look for poetry in places that I wouldn't normally see it.

On a somewhat different note and in some ways in response to Sam’s post, I also wanted to add that I really like the set up of the class discussion. I enjoy how open it is as we aim to discover together the works of art that we are reading. It really makes you believe in the phrase “two heads are better than one”. I really believe that the more we dissect the poetry that we read as a class and try to understand the way that we all see it, the better of an understanding each one of us gets of the poetry. This all really leads back to me looking forward to the workshopping on Tuesday because I’m hoping that the way that we effectively understand and analyze the poetry of others will translate to the way we can understand and analyze our own poetry. I’m looking forward to this as it seems like a promising way to get great insight on our strengths and weaknesses as writers.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in class Tuesday! J


P.S. Sorry this post was so scattered!

No comments:

Post a Comment