Monday, September 28, 2009

Frustration

I want to comment back on Maddie's frustration of having writers block. I know that this is my first poetry class ever, and poetry isn't supposed to come easy. I cannot seem to find inspiration anywhere. I went to peak weekend this past weekend and I am very "outdoorsy" and connected with the outdoors but I didn't really seem to find any exciting or inspiring. I could just write some meaningless poem about how pretty the drive was, the perfect weather and the smell of the outdoors, but I feel like that is quite exhausted. I don't want to write about normal things that arn't exciting or that everyone writes about. I want to strive to be different and write about new things, but I am new at this and I know it can be super hard, I just feel like I have to keep trying.

I really liked the exercise that we did last class but didn't get to finish. I might try and find some inspiration that way. I was thinking about instead of using an article, I could use a song, or an old fable, and twist it around. I liked the topic I got last time because it was about the environment and about how downhill our economy has been going and about how the government isn't doing anything. Maybe I will even try and twist that around as well.

When we discussed what the poems are and are not it made me think about what I have already written. Some of my poetry has been pretty low skill level and pretty elementary, or at least it seems that way to me. I have always wanted to write a children's book or make greeting cards later on in life (secret dream) so possibly that is why I love to rhyme and make things simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment