Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Workshop

I've only taken one other writing course here at SLU and it was one where we had to peer workshop each others written work. As others have mentioned, I'm a little nervous to have my peers critique my work. For the most part I write poetry for myself and therefore I am my own critic. Lots of times my poems are never truly finished, they are pieces that I constantly come back to and revise or add on to. Usually my writings reflect what I am thinking or feeling and therefore I find it hard for someone else to read or especially critique my writing. However, I feel that these workshops will help me to view my writings in a different light and maybe help me to better express what I am trying to write. I did enjoy hearing others opinions of my short stories in my last writing course and so I am hoping I will have a similar experience here. It is just that I am a decently private person when it comes to my poetry, but maybe this course will be a good thing and help me come out of my shell a bit more. I am curious to see and hear what people think of my writing and if it touches anyone in a specific way.

No comments:

Post a Comment