Monday, September 14, 2009

Inspiration, New Ideas, and Workshop

I must admit as I began preparing for Tuesday’s workshops, read through my peers poems, I was both surprised and inspired by what I read. As Kathleen mentioned, it is incredible how given the same assignment so many of us expressed our ideas, feelings and visuals within our poetry in different ways. In truth it’s been a while since I have had to peer edit someone else’s poetry, but doing so has reminded me of one the most freeing aspects of the poetry. And that aspect of poetry is its unlimited variations and formats.
In way, the poems I work shopped seem to refresh me and inspire me, by re-instilling the idea that poetry doesn’t have to be one thing, that it doesn’t have to be written the same way over and over. Already just by seeing and reading what my peers had done with their poetry in structure, diction, and other literary techniques has given me a brand new slew of ideas for how I can express my poetry and thoughts in the future.
Ultimately, I can’t wait for workshops tomorrow; I greatly look forward to seeing what tips and advice my peers can give me on my own poetry, as well as how they interpreted it. But most of all I look forward to having a larger group conversation on other people’s poetry, and seeing how all our ideas, opinions, and inspirations can coreless into greater understanding of the art of writing and reading poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment