Tuesday, October 13, 2009

workshop and assignment 5

Once again I thought everyone did an excellent job on the workshop poems. Each time I am amazed at the talent we have in our class. I love how honest people are but also the compassion they bring forth with their constructive criticism. I think everyone has been trying new styles of writing and getting different ideas from each other. These workshops have been very helpful and inspiring for my own poetry and have made me more excited about writing.
In regards to assignment 5 for this week, I thought it was an interesting assignment. It was tough for me to try and come up with something to write and especially to make one poem at least 28 lines. I find that I am much more of a short poem writer and therefore find these longer assignments harder to write. However, I came up with an idea that I hope is a good one and successful. Overall, I think it got me to think outside of my box, which is always a good thing for me.
I hope everyone has a great Mid-semester break!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment