Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Workshop 2

I personally found this workshop to be easier to write for than the last one. I think this was because not only did I have feedback from Professor Hummer as to what she might be looking for from our poetry writing, but I also found it helpful to have my peer's poetry as inspiration. I tried to branch out a bit and take suggestions and inspiration from my peers and work it all into my new workshop poems. I found myself much more open to different topics and styles and actually excited about trying new avenues of writing; and am therefore intrigued to see what people this week have to say about my poems and to see what other have written.
I also want to agree with people posting before me, that the workshop questions seem to be very direct. I too am finding it sometimes difficult to answer all the questions or put certain aspects of the poem into one of the categories or questions. I have found it much more helpful to rather take the questions as guidelines in the back of my head, and to focus more on what strikes me first about the poem(s). I try to remember to take the poem into pieces but I also think it is important to not forget to analyze the poem as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment