Monday, October 12, 2009

Getting into the Groove

First off, it seems that my posts do not seem to be posting, so I hope this works!

Second. I did not know what I was going to write about for assignment 5, and while reading the assignment, I felt the same frustrations as everyone else, or so it seemed. Something you should know about me is that one of my secret dreams is to be a DJ, just because I am a dancer, make the mixes for the dance team here at school and am in love with music. I know there is a fine line between music and poetry but I have recently found that they blend together so well. I downloaded a bunch of very random music this weekend and decided to listen to some stuff while brainstorming. I found that the way some artists sing their songs goes along with our assignment this week. They sometimes, especially rap, have random line breaks, so in fact, listening to music really helped me find inspiration. I didn't write about a song, I wrote about something in my life, but while jammin' to the music (o yes, alone in my room...it happens) I felt in the groove also with writing poetry. It seemed to come very easily, and very natural.

Maybe finally I am catching on to this poetry thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment