Tuesday, October 20, 2009

As many have been posting previously, I too have been finding the new writing styles we are reading and discussing in class to be very interesting. Last Thursdays class was very interesting for me in particular, learning about Villanelles. I really enjoy writing on my own, whether it be little quotes, poem, or lyrics. Lots of times I find myself trying to write lyrics and sometimes I think they come out okay. However, I guess I never really dissected lyrics when I listened to them because last weeks class really opened up my eyes to how songs are really written. I found it really cool that just by having a certain rhythm and sticking to it with the type of words you use, you can fill in different lines. That exercise as really made me aware of the writing style of lyrics and has made it fun for me to look some up this past weekend and try to fit in my own words and lyrics. I am really excited for class and to keep learning different styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment