Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Learning and Reading

I agree with many people about the new types of poetry that we have been learning and reading more about. I find it interesting, like Kathleen, that the more I read and learn about a type of poetry the more interesting it becomes. I also liked learning how to emphasize a word, or something you would like to be known. I think it is not only important to learn how to use the technique but also it is important how you use your words and make them your own. I appreciate when people make an effort, not necessarly the best poem in the world, but to put them selves out there, and practice a technique is more rewarding then making a perfect poem. On that note, I dont know if there is such thing as a perfect poem. There are forms and ways to make your poem structured with tone and meter and line breaks, but that is all great only when the writer really believes in his work. Throwing out random techniques or trying something new can be very rewarding for the reader and for the writer as well. I enjoy reading poems that are not traditional, that break away from the norm. I think it shows me that poetry is really an art, and that you can paint outside the lines once and a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment