Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Wrapping up

Wow. I can't believe our semester is almost over and this is the last Tuesday post! I feel as if the semester as gone by pretty quickly and it was just days ago we were getting our first assignment, yet at the same time it seems like we've been together writing poems and learning for forever. I have found being in this course to be very helpful in my writing and has opened up my eyes to new styles of writing and areas that I had not yet discovered as a beginner poet. It has been a bumpy ride for me in trying to step outside my comfort zone but I especially feel that our workshops have really made a difference in how I look at writing poems and the inspiration that I received. I truly feel that our class has amazing talent in it and that everyone should continue to pursue writing poetry. I love how we've all worked together and the feedback has been amazing over the semester, from students and Professor Hummer. I truly believe that I will take away a lot from this class and continue to use what I've learned. I am also excited, as others have mentioned, to work on assignment 12 and revise some of my works, with the knowledge and feedback I've acquired. Thanks so much guys for a great semester!!

No comments:

Post a Comment