Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Reflections on this semester...

It really is amazing how time goes by so fast. I knew that eventually this hectic time, with finals and papers, would arrive, but it just got here so fast... but I must say, I have noticed how much my classmates and I have developed as poets, both through our discussions about the poems assigned and through our workshop sessions. I feel as though I have gained greater insight about the world we live in by reading a variety of works by different poets, and reading all of these poems has expanded my capacity for thought and my receptivity to what happens in the world around me. I really enjoy thinking of new things to write about every day, and this class has taught me to create even more abstract images to convey a myriad messages/commentary, or to express my emotions.

Looking back on my experience with this class, I can honestly say I am really going to miss working with my lovely workshop group. All of you hold a love for words, and looking back in retrospect, I enjoyed reading all of your work and making comments on what I liked and what I felt could be changed or improved. This, in turn, has allowed me to become more comfortable with giving others criticisms about their writing, and I do not feel shy of saying what I think about a certain piece. I really appreciate all of the comments I have received from both my workshop group and Professor Hummer. These comments are so helpful (especially for revising my poetry that I want to include in my final chapbook). Anyway, I just want to wish everyone best of luck on finals, and I hope you all find some form of relaxation as the semester concludes!

No comments:

Post a Comment