Tuesday, December 1, 2009

12/1/09

First of all, Happy belated Thanksgiving everyone! And yay for the first of December and our first real snowfall! Just first commenting on Kathleen's post, I think that I agree with you on your thinking and have had similar questions, I too have no answers but they are interesting inquiries. I also wanted to quickly comment on our assignment that was due over break. I don't know about anyone else but I thought the assignment options were very interesting but for me I found it kind of challenging at the same time. I am really interested in seeing how well received my poem actually is. But onto our readings for today, I really liked the Ars Poetica and the Why I am Not a Painter poems. The Ars Poetica is one that I'm not entirely sure I grasp with understanding of how to construct but it is very different from poetry I read and therefore intrigues me. The "Why I am Not a Painter" poem really made me smile at the end. I think it well written and playful and I love looking at art and paintings and so therefore I can appreciate the topic in general. I think having art be the absence of something is an interesting way to look at things and go about creating poetry or paintings. Overall, I enjoyed all of our readings for today's class.

No comments:

Post a Comment