Sunday, December 6, 2009

some comments on the chapbook

I’m actually pretty excited to make a chapbook for assignment 12. It will be very interesting to look over previous work and then to revise it using the knowledge I’ve gained throughout the semester. I’ve looked at several of the first poems I wrote and I feel that I have made them substantially better while still being able to keep the overall ideas. It was also neat looking for cover art too. When you find some cover art that really fits, its very satisfying. There are some poems that I want to put in it that I also don’t really want to change very much. In my villanelle, I made some improvements to some lines but that’s about it, but I also want to use it in my chapbook. I hope that counts as a substantial revision, cause its going in there. While looking over my poetry, both the new and the old, I could definitely see improvement in organization, word choice, and line breaks, as well as overall line structure too. I think the subjects I have been writing about have become increasingly meaningful and personal as well, which was something a was afraid to do in the beginning of the year. Overall, I really feel that my work has greatly increased over this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment