Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I got a chance to work the Shakespeare performance on Friday night, and I have got to say it was awesome. Though I have seen "Romeo and Juliet" before a few times, I thought it was a wonderful rendition! There was a modern twist to it, with some contemporary songs as well. Though, like they told us in the workshop in class, they don't change the words at all, it is the expressions and interactions that they have changed for their performances. I also thought it was so interesting that the play was performed with lights on the audience. There were times when one of the actors actually came into the audience and sat next to me! They also seemed to be talking to us, and this gave the play an interesting feel.
On another note, I am excited to hear that Mackey will be coming to SLU next week and especially that he will get the chance to come into our class. Things like the Shakespeare workshop and author talks are one of the awesome things that we get to take advantage of here. I think it will be really interesting to talk to Mackey and hear what he has to share not only about some of his poems/works specifically, but also the life of a writer! Working in groups today gave us a chance to share our ideas and think of some questions for him on Tuesday. I personally have some questions about his form and the way that he chooses to display his work, and also what prompts the topics that he chooses to write about. Should be interesting, looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment