Monday, November 9, 2009

Class and Workshoping

Hey all, first off I am sorry that everyone has been feeling badly, including myself, so excuse my cough and things tomorrow haha. I hope everyone is feeling better and ready for our guest! On that note, I was also excited to read his poems again and see that he worked with many different types of people to collaberate to create his poems. I feel like I do that, on a smaller level. I am a dancer so I take the music I listen to, and the moves, to really feel my poetry as well. I even draw inspiration from many things such as tv, the internet or even words that trigger feelings or memories. I appreciate my surroundings more when I can draw inspiration from it. I also wanted to touch on the idea of workshopping. I go both ways on this issue. I really think it is great, I love reading and hearing others feedback on my poems and I like giving my input. I think the group idea is such a positive outlet that is conducive to learning and receiving new ideas. I also am more dissapointed in myself in the fact that I wish I had some of my regular assignments in the poetry workshop. I feel like some of my stronger work is there, and not in my workshop, and I feel as if I am not always putting my best foot forward. I will try and work on this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment